To condense or not to condense – that is a question.
Well simply put if the old one works – don’t change – the savings are marginal.
Others may disagree but I suggest:-
- keep the old boiler clean (it’s a vacuum cleaner job) ,
- make sure your radiator thermostat valves are working well,
- balance the rads from top to bottom – top floor rad control vales should be stopped down with ground floor one fully open (unless you want to keep a room cooler or its rad runs hot)
- have an inhibitor in the system (flush it if you have cold spots),
- no air in radiators,
- set the boiler to heat the hot water to just above 60 degrees
- Then, if you feel the need have a plumber give it the once over.
Have a read of this article – says it all:-